Friday, December 21, 2012

30 years on, and I still love Masters of the Universe

This year marks the 30th anniversary of Masters of the Universe, one of my favorite toy lines as a kid. I watched a few of the cartoons in the early 80's, but never really got into them. I made up my own personalities and voices for each of the characters that was totally at odds with how the cartoon made them out to be. The toys were the the things that captured my imagination. The designs of the characters were just hilariously over the top, yet perfect. A giant bee man, a skull faced guy, an elephant guy with a metal head? What more could you ask for at 6 years old?! I hope someone finds a new way to reboot the franchise, because I'd love to see He-Man brought back to the big screen using today's special effects. I hope you enjoy my tribute to the manliest hero of the 80's.

No comments: